• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dual Display Prob

smdion

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
447
I am working on a friends machine. His set up is a Radeon 7200 and this old STB Tech Vid Card. When I boot the computer the PCI monitor comes up for the BIOS information, but when XP Pro is done loading the AGP monitor takes over. I go into Display Prop to turn on the multi monitor and I don't have the choice too. Also, the PCI card is not showing up in the device manager. HELP!
 
Did this setup work before?

Anyway, what if you set the BIOS to initialize the AGP videocard first? Did you try the PCI videocard in other PCI slots? Do you have another PCI videocard you can try it with?

On a sidenote, not all PCI (and some AGP) cards are multi-display compatible (most notable S3 and (2 MB and less) Matrox cards).
 
Back
Top