Dual display desktop background question

Iowabucks

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone, I got most likely an easy question for you, but not so easy for me.

I just hooked up dual displays to my rig and am trying to figure out how all this works. It's definitely different figuring things out compared to a single display.

I made a panorama picture with Microsoft ICE and am trying to spread it across both screens. I have that part down but for some reason with that picture, or any other 3880x1020 image I try and use, the second monitors picture is not level with the first monitor. You can see in the picture that the second monitors image is rolled up on the screen about an inch or two.

If I bring my pointer from the first monitor to the second one, it jumps up an inch when it reaches the second screen. They are a pair of Samsung T24C550ND monitors. Not top end, but good enough for me. I don't see any kind of manual way to adjust the screen down. Resolution is set the same on both. My GTX 670 is attached to one via HDMI cable and the other on a DVI to HDMI cable.

I want to use these for gaming but with it doing this, it's not worth trying until I get it figured out.

What is causing that? What can I do about it?

Thx. Jerry.

Last edited:
They are both 24" samsungs set at 1920x1080.

i think what he meant is are the screens aligned vertically in 'screen resolution' in windows where it shows two rectangles representing the screens.

like this

V42SL5P.png

Last edited:
Thanks, that was the problem. For some reason yesterday I was trying to do this but everytime I released the mouse button, the right monitor would return to the slightly higher position. So I didn't think that was the problem.

Thanks.

Back