• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dual display and 2 vid cards

Whitebread

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 28, 2002
Messages
1,363
If I decide to use 2 displays, do I need to use 2 video cards, or can I use one video card with 2 DVI ports?
 
Either. Single cards with two DVI outs have become cheaper then they once were and usually provide a better solution than two individual cards.

Shopping around a little will guide you towards a solution you like for yourself, depending on what other features you want -- like high gaming performance, overclockability, or tuners.
 
I'm looking for good gaming performance for a cheaper price. I was going to get this card and flash it to higher speeds. I was also going to get one of those new gateway widescreen LCD monitors and some cheap, maybe used, 17 inch LCD monitor. I don't need it for anything except displaying text files, foobar, AIM and the ocasional pic, it's deffineatly not going to be my main monitor.
 
Use 1 video card. Why don't you buy 2 monitors of the same size? Having a large one next to a small one won't be as productive as have 2 of the same size. It will be easier on your eyes.
 
Back
Top