900D
SuperMicro H8DGI
2x 6176SE
2x 980 Classified
4x8GB DDR3 + 8x2GB DDR3

Planned Watercooling Specs:
2x AquaComputer G34
2x EK FC980GTX Classy w/ Backplate
MCR420 (top) + 480mm Monsta (bottom)+ 360mm ST30 or XT45 (front) + 280mm Monsta (bottom)
AquaComputer Aqualis Pump/Reservior Combo
2x Universal VRM Waterblock

Planned Peripheral Specs:
GDM-FW900
445Pro
20" Cinema Display
55" Plasma
Razer Lachesis 5600
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Logitech 5.1 Speakers

ozlecMl.jpg

XBZBzF5.jpg

9JIF0HR.jpg

Last edited:
I'm curious on how the 2x Opteron 6176SE will perform when gaming. Are you expecting an issue with per-thread performance?

I'm interested in gaming results too, games like Planetside 2 that depend on single thread performance probably won't fair well.

Tag for results. I don't know if they will game very well at all considering that the driver for those boards are not optimized for that at all.

I'm curious on how the 2x Opteron 6176SE will perform when gaming. Are you expecting an issue with per-thread performance?

I expect mild bottlenecks, similar to a FX-9370 or FX-9590. I am planning to overclock the CPUs to at least 3.5GHz, probably more like 4GHz, which should alleviate most problems. They actually have higher IPC than Piledriver or Bulldozer chips; they are based on the 1100t's arch. At stock, the chips would be utterly useless for gaming.

Tag for results. I don't know if they will game very well at all considering that the driver for those boards are not optimized for that at all.

The GPU drivers don't even officially support SLI. I will be using a third-party hack which enables it. With that said, I do not expect drivers to pose much of an issue.

I expect mild bottlenecks, similar to a FX-9370 or FX-9590. I am planning to overclock the CPUs to at least 3.5GHz, probably more like 4GHz, which should alleviate most problems. They actually have higher IPC than Piledriver or Bulldozer chips; they are based on the 1100t's arch. At stock, the chips would be utterly useless for gaming.

Didn't realize these were overclockable, very cool.

Didn't realize these were overclockable, very cool.

Overclocks has to be done through software. And the motherboard needs to have its VRMs watercooled, as they are only 6-phase. WIthout an active VRM cooler, they would burn up quickly.

I just ordered another 480mm radiator, the two EK fullcover GPU blocks, and the two CPU blocks from AquaComputer!

Back