• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dual CPU + 6800GT WCing suggestions

Vertigo Acid

2(-log[H+])4u
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
12,410
So I just orderd my new case to move up to watercooling, and now i've got a few decisions to make, and any suggestions would be grand:

1. 3x120mm vx 2x120mm radiator. I have 3x120mm blowholes in the case that i'm gettting (PC-75B), so I could fit a 3x120, but is it really worth the extra price. I would assume I could have quieter and less powerful fans the bigger my rad is.

2. I need a GPU block that will fit within the AGP slot area because I use every slot in my computer, no room for bulky GPU blocks. Also, why are all the 6800 block so expensive? I'm going to be having airflow from a window fan over the GPU so ramsinks seem adaquete to me...

3. I'm split between the 6002 or TDX. Thoughts?

4. How would be the best way to organize the system? I plan on going res-y-cpus-y-gpu-chipset-rad. Again, thoughts or considerations?

Thanks for your input, also FWIW the system to be cooled is in my sig.
 
I would consider the Innovatek, or Aqua-Computer block. They are both very slim, but not 1/2" ID if thats what you want.

I would also consider dual loop. Its what I did, and I like it a lot.
 
Back
Top