• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dual Core Xeons have HT enabled?

OriginalOCer

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
264
I just wanted to know if Dual Core Xeons are suppose to have Hyper-Threading enabled, and also if they will use Socket 604 or are they going to be LGA775 (I assume if they require a new chipset, a new socket would be probable, but I just want to make sure).

peace,
OriginalOCer

p.s. Mod, if this thread should be in the Multicore/multiproc section please move... I figured I'd get a quicker response in the intel channel though.
 
they will most likely have HT.
but they will be available not until 2006.. and they will be manufactured in 65nm..

there has been only theinq rumour, that they will require a completely new socket..
7**-something.. but not much is known at the moment.
 
OriginalOCer said:
I just wanted to know if Dual Core Xeons are suppose to have Hyper-Threading enabled, and also if they will use Socket 604 or are they going to be LGA775 (I assume if they require a new chipset, a new socket would be probable, but I just want to make sure).

peace,
OriginalOCer

p.s. Mod, if this thread should be in the Multicore/multiproc section please move... I figured I'd get a quicker response in the intel channel though.

Yes they will have Hyperhtreading enabled=P Two of these will showup as 8 processors and be able to process 8 threads.

Donnie27
 
Back
Top