dual core X800Pro Ultra 2X

Lazn_Work

Supreme [H]ardness
Adrian's has a review of the dual core X800Pro Ultra 2X here:
http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=205&var2=0

Only one thing has me worried about this card, as you can see from the picture of it here:
http://www.rojakpot.com/review/ATI/ATI_SLI/card_front.jpg
The cores are obviously put on upside down, this means to use it anyone who buys this card will have to sit on their heads.. I think ATI will have a lot of chiropractic claims on their hands if they sell the card as is.

==>Lazn

haha, this is great
however, the other problem is the power plugs... have fun plugging both in!

Edit: Peach is a noob.

pffft, no problem plugging in molexes, just bend those fuckers vertically :p

i can fit 4 of those horizontally in my case!

ScHpAnKy said:
haha, this is great
however, the other problem is the power plugs... have fun plugging both in!

Edit: Peach is a noob.

Wheres trint?

Damn...why can't this be real?

Rant:
Screw SLI, it's all marketing BS. All about the dollar.
Is Intel and AMD going to make us buy two Mobo's for dual core chips? No!
But as smart as Nvidia and ATI are, they can't get dual core's on a single card.
I have to do SLI and buy 2 freakn cards. Give me a break.

If I may quote some Korn "Fuck that, fuck that shit"

WOW nice results there....wonder what other ati cards would do together:)

I SERIOUSLY feel bad for the people who believe(d) this. Can you not see that the cores are OBVIOUSLY 6800 Ultra cores??!?!?

Nineball said:
I SERIOUSLY feel bad for the people who believe(d) this. Can you not see that the cores are OBVIOUSLY 6800 Ultra cores??!?!?

as far as i can see those look like ati cores ;)

cardfront2mz.jpg

Looks ATI

A lot of things in the image give it away. There are no circuits going to the top right BGA ram. The placement of the molex connections are ridiculous. Also, if ATi had something like this coming along, we would have heard about it ages ago so that they could steal nVidia's thunder.

There's also the part where the card looks more like one of the later 3dfx cards on crack than anything ATi would put out... Nice joke though.

yuannerz said:
next year for april fool's day we'll see 4 cores on a card

With the way things are going, that probably wouldn't be an April Fool's :(

Video card gimmicks are starting to get ridiculous. There are at least 3 cards in this generation that I know of that are similar to this x800!

We need to stop worrying about which card has dual cores/quad cores/whatever, and just worry when games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R and F.E.A.R. come out, which will hopefully be sometime this decade :(

Back