dual core i7s - i4/i3s cancelled - new 32nm dual i7 in March ???

hmmm. well i last heard around the time that the E8600 came out that no new dual core CPU's were going to be made... so i'm not sure why Intel even stated this in the first place.

Techpowerup is a legit site though.

The article actually says that Intel has pushed the release of the Arandale core up by six months from Sept 2010 to March 2010, not March of this year. Regardless, it will be interesting to see how these chips perform.

I dont think anybody suggestion 9/2010 for arandale originally. All I heard was Q4/2009-Q1/2010, and about the same timeframe for auburndale. I was already wondering why they were planning on bothering with auburndale with arandale around the corner. 32nm with onboard GPU in a mobile factor, I dont care what they call it. GIMMEE

I saw this a few days ago, saying the same thing.

And they said no more wolfdale chips after the e8600, not "no more dual cores"

There's no way we're getting 32nm Intel CPUs in March. WAY too soon.

I don't know. There is some speculation that an upgraded i7 920 will be out in March as well as the new i7 975 Extreme.
I bet we will hear more in the next few weeks.

I don't know. There is some speculation that an upgraded i7 920 will be out in March as well as the new i7 975 Extreme.
Are you referring to the next stepping of the 920? It really isn't much at all.

Stepping has nothing to do with die-shrinks... The name of the CPU will change when that happens, and it ain't happenin' for a while. 32nm will be awesome... but it's gonna be a while.

I hate when Intel pulls this sh*t. They did it in the days of the Pentium, and they're doing it now. They delay the release of a new part in order to suck all of the profits from the inflated price of an old one. Sigh. Just goes to show that competition breeds innovation, and it seems like Intel is resting on its laurels. Let's hope AMD can get back in the ring...

nope. LGA1366 is gonna be around for a while. Its gonna stay high end desktop / 1-2s server though.

I hate when Intel pulls this sh*t. They did it in the days of the Pentium, and they're doing it now. They delay the release of a new part in order to suck all of the profits from the inflated price of an old one. Sigh. Just goes to show that competition breeds innovation, and it seems like Intel is resting on its laurels. Let's hope AMD can get back in the ring...

I think it is more of a over-supply issue rather then a price issue ...

Same problem the auto industry has now ..

There is just so much Core 2 products in the market right now ...

That product has to be sold off before others can fill those channels ....

After building an i7 system, I think I'd hit a dual-core i7 or quad 32nm i7. This puppy is power hungry. And wtf am I really going to do with 8 threads, whoops. Hah, well it's mine now I guess.

After building an i7 system, I think I'd hit a dual-core i7 or quad 32nm i7. This puppy is power hungry. And wtf am I really going to do with 8 threads, whoops. Hah, well it's mine now I guess.
I had the same issue when I had my i7 (for all of a month). I resolved when I get another to disable HT and try for a higher OC. A quad is enough at this point, and supcom loves cycles more than 8 threads. ;)
Arandale (the 32nm mobile dual) Ive already talked about enough, but I dont think waiting for westmere is really worth it at this point. Bloomfield is quite fast enough.

Back