Dual Core Folding guide?

Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
2,852
I recently built a second rig for misc use and it has been folding for about a week now. It seems to be using only one core though. Can someone advise me on how to get both cores running F@H?

Specs:

Intel Pentium D 915 oc'ed to 3.08ghz
1024mb Corsair Value DDR2 667mhz
ASUS P5L-MX Intel 945G Micro ATX Mobo

Thanks - Aratech
 
If you've truly addicted then you'll Install a 64 bit Linux OS and then run the SMP version of Folding.
You'll also probably get a lot more Points per Day that way.

Luck ............ :D
 
If you've truly addicted then you'll Install a 64 bit Linux OS and then run the SMP version of Folding.
You'll also probably get a lot more Points per Day that way.

I would like to try this out, on my new laptop, but can someone post a general walk through?
I would need to know what is a good build for 64 bit Linux for folding (and other general use), and does the 64 bit get utilized by F@H (for instance, do 64 bit cores general finish faster, use more ram, give more points/science?
Is a laptop even a possible vehicle, or would the drivers be too much work. How would I boot into Linux and still have the ability to boot into Windows? Would a USB 2.0 HD be okay for Linux, and if so how many GB do I need?
If a laptop is a bad idea, what would I need to do for a normal PC?

 
If you've truly addicted then you'll Install a 64 bit Linux OS and then run the SMP version of Folding.
You'll also probably get a lot more Points per Day that way.

Luck ............ :D


Well, I'm not a linux guy so I guess thats not an option. I need to be able to use my windows programs, games, ect.

Create a second FAH folder and setup a second service. Machine ID =2

Well that explains a lot. I wasnt using the console.
 
"Well, I'm not a linux guy so I guess thats not an option. I need to be able to use my windows programs, games, ect."

vm or dual boot
 
Back
Top