dual channel or not?

SCG)Disciple

Limp Gawd
whats the benifits of dual channel ram. im getting kingston hyperxtechnology 1 gig, but should i spend an extra twenty bucks for dual or what

and does the dual have anything to do with the memory, or just the technology on the mobo, i mean is the same memory "two five twelves" bought seperatly for 212 is better then the "dual pack for a gig cost 250" is the duual ramm better or the same thing, cause it looks like the same ram even in its timings

RAM isn't dual channel. The Mobo ither supports dual channel or it doesn't. You of course have to have at least 2 sticks to run dual channel. On AMD systems dual channel isn't worth much so its not going to give you much of a performance increase having it enabled. The 1GB of RAM will benefit you nicely though especially for gaming.

Buy whatever is the cheapest. Ither the kit or two individual sticks. The worse that can happen with buying individual sticks from certain RAM manufacters is that they put different chips on them and you get one with one and another with another kind lol.

If your planning to overclock i would try and make sure both sticks have BH-5 chips. It can run 2-2-2-5.

so let me get this straight. if i go to new and and purchase the kingston hyperx 512 stick, and get two of them, there's a chance they will have two diffrent chipsets on them?

Originally posted by SCG)Disciple
so let me get this straight. if i go to new and and purchase the kingston hyperx 512 stick, and get two of them, there's a chance they will have two diffrent chipsets on them?

If you buy them from the same place at the same time, the chances are extremely low. As long as the memory is the same brand, speed, and timings, it should work fine in dual channel.

Originally posted by SCG)Disciple
If you buy one module now and another three years from now....chances are good.

If you buy two modules at the same time.....chances are almost zero.

Party on - B.B.S.

Back