Dual Channel Help + Screen Help

seancky2

Limp Gawd
So, I just got done assembling everything. I have a few problems I have been trying to figure out. First of all, and the most annoying thing - is for some reason there are black bars on top/bottom and left/right sides of my screen. I have installed all drivers from the CD. Resolution is set to 1920x1080. I AM using onboard gfx card (HD 3300) and the mobo says it DOES support 1080p. What could be the problem? When I go one step down: 1680x1050 it is full screen as it should be.

Secondly, I do not think I have the dual channel installed correctly. I just opened up Everest and under the memory tab it says: "Bus Type Unganged Dual DDR3 SDRAM" The mobo manual is not very clear on how to install dual channel. I have them installed in both orange DIMMS.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb currently @ stock
COOLER: Corsair H50
MOBO: ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 DDR3 1600
GPU: onboard HD 3300

why would you install drivers from cd!? also what does cpuz say for the ram.

why not? i checked the asus webpage and none of the drivers have been updated. except for the video drivers i THINK - but for some reason i cant download the drivers from ATI's website. I keep getting some sort of runtime error when i try to load the dl page?

and here is my cpuz stats

2zj9539.png

Never heard of anyone that used drivers from disc in 14 years? also i was hoping for a memory section screen shot. both spd and memory section not the cpu section ;/ .

ok here is the the fix right click your mouse and open CCC. Check CCC at left hand bottom corner whether you're using Basic or Advance mode. Change it into Advance mode by clicking the icon if not. In the Advance mode there have a blue colored "house" and "?" symbols at right hand top corner - click that "house" symbol and you will go to "Desktop & Display". Then click the triangular sign of the Display symbol at left hand bottom corner and select "Setup". You can see 6 icons in which you should select the 3rd "Scaling" icon. Pull the scaling bar to right side and you will see a real time enlarged full screen 1920x1080 scaling at your Desktop.

if you cant open CCC then uninstall all gfx drivers and REINStall them from ati website they all downloaded fine for me.

what version windows 7 are you using and what type of cable you using just out of curiosity it should all work fine but maybe old windows 7 might be problem as well. let me know if that helped or questions

I have CCC but it does look a bit outdated. Some of the things you were mentioning were not there. And this is the screen I get when I try to dl the drivers.

21ozpjk.png

Guess google was taking me to wrong site... correct URL is game.amd.com

EDIT:
Got it all working - thankes aweusx2. I have one more question though - with black text, especially this text here that I am typing now - there is faint RBG colors around the letters. I have always noticed this happens on crappy monitors that do not support the reso that you are using. However, I am using a nice ASUS monitor that is rated for 1080p (1920x1080 @60). Do I need to run some sort of a calibration?

Last edited:
woho i helped someone. As for colors around letters wow sounds cool wish mine did that. Even on new asus it does that? sounds like gfx card problem if it does it on both maybe some tweaking with that will go away. i really dont know what you mean maybe a screen shot of that too? did you get dual channel? screen shot of ram section in cpuz? both sticks are matched? swapped slots?

Back