Dual Boot XP, Server 2003

alext5

Limp Gawd
Like the title says I dual boot with XP and 2k3 and when the dual boot screen appears, I chosed Windows 2003 and then just after I hit enter, my screen come back to my MB welcome screen and it do the exact same thing as long as I choose Windows 2003. If I want to boot I need to choose Windows XP. Anyone know how to solve the problem?
Edit: Grammar and clear question!

you need to give more info: the partitioning on your hdd(s), boot.ini, and even if english is not your primary language, try to work on grammer a bit ;)

some joker put the shutdown shortcut in your startup folder?

(i did that to my brother just for fun. lol.. pissed him off :p)

I've got 5 partitions C,D,E,F,G C: got Xp on it and F: got 2003 on it. Every others are storage only (important storage school work)

Let me guess, you installed XP after installing server.

Boot to recovery console from your server CD and type fixboot, fixmbr.

If that doesn't work, replace the ntldr and ntdetect.com from your install cd on the active partition.

Originally posted by Walleye
some joker put the shutdown shortcut in your startup folder?

(i did that to my brother just for fun. lol.. pissed him off :p)
LMFAO thats a great idea
gonna have to "use" it sometime;)

Maybe I'm a little bit newb but how do you do that?
Let me guess, you installed XP after installing server.
You're a quite good guesser:D

Edit:Nevermind I'll try I've got an idea about what to do. Thanks!
If it don't work I'll come back and ask.

I tried the first, it doesn't work. And I don't know how to do the second thing.:( And could you specify in which OS to make the change because I'm all fucked up:D

Do you think that if I reinstall 2003 it will work fine? If not I think I'll forget about it and install it on an other computer.

Sure it would, but it's taking a sledgehammer to a penny nail. All you need to do is replace those two files on your disk and it will work fine!

Thank you, I don't mind reinstalling it since I'll do something else at the same time.
PS: I don't have a floppy drive on my new rig. I thought it wasn't that useful :rolleyes:

Back