dual boot vista 64bit and 32bit......

tgg

[H]ard|Gawd
I have 2 partitions on a drive and right now on c drive i have 32 bit vista installed but I want to know if I can install 64bit vista to try it out and will it dual boot? Thanks...

Yes....

Assuming your hardware will support it, and you will need two copies of Vista, you can't use the same key for both installs;)

It will work, but Vista 64 driver support is great! Ditch the 32 bit for good is my vote!

I can't imagine needing both platforms, so as mentioned above, just go with x64.

Man I have always installed vista 32bit in the past and presently and man today isntall 64bit premium and right away before installing drivers I can tell its more pepy, faster, everything just loads up faster within windows.

So I think i'm going with 64bit only gonna install crysis and see how that goes.

Why is there two program folders in c drive one has x86 next to it?

Unless you have the need to go to 64bit you won't get any benefit at all unless you have 4gb of ram or more and the reason you see the two directories is because thats how windows differentiates between 32 and 64 bit binaries.

Back