Dual Boot, how do I remove excess boot OS options?

l88bastard

2[H]4U
Hi, I am running Vista 64 on a 500gig HD and Windows 7 on a 1 terra HD, but I now made the plunge and got a nice SSD and have installed Windows 7 on that!

So now after bios, I get to select Windows 7 on the SSD, Windows 7 on the 1terr, and Vista 64 on the 500gig. I want to remove the option to select W7 on the 500gig as I will never be using that again, so what is the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Start - type msconfig (and press Enter)

Click the Boot tab, highlight the line(s) for the installations you're no longer using (or don't exist) and delete them. Just BE SURE which one is which so you don't end up leaving yourself with your primary installation unbootable...

These instructions might be a bit different for Vista if that's your primary OS, I don't know. I don't run Vista but I just pulled up that sequence using Windows 7.

Start - type msconfig (and press Enter)

Click the Boot tab, highlight the line(s) for the installations you're no longer using (or don't exist) and delete them. Just BE SURE which one is which so you don't end up leaving yourself with your primary installation unbootable...

These instructions might be a bit different for Vista if that's your primary OS, I don't know. I don't run Vista but I just pulled up that sequence using Windows 7.

if you just click check boot paths windows should automatically remove the one that doesn't work.

Back