Dual Boards?

Tyan is a good company. My Dual 2200+'s run great in their Tyan. :)

Full Folding Ahead!

Also, is it safe to say most boards will come with Overclocking support? The whole reason I'm getting these is to overclock them a lot. Like I found some intel boards on ebay for fairly cheap, but I know the intel board I got with my dual core (it was a deal, otherwise i wouldnt have gotten it) has NO overclocking features at all.

poddo said:
Also, is it safe to say most boards will come with Overclocking support? The whole reason I'm getting these is to overclock them a lot. Like I found some intel boards on ebay for fairly cheap, but I know the intel board I got with my dual core (it was a deal, otherwise i wouldnt have gotten it) has NO overclocking features at all.

Never assume. Most Tyan boards I've seen have no overclocking support. I'd suggest checking on 2cpu.com forum for suggestions.

I guess the only reason I'd ever want Xeon's is if they were free or at a VERY low price. The rest of the components price wouldn't make them worth it to me. Did you get them for free?

Guess thats not too bad then. What speed and fsb are they? And I'm surprised no one has put up a post yelling for pics yet.

It's good that they haven't, cuz I don't have them yet. they're 1.6's but you can easily get them up to 2.8 at least.

poddo said:
It's good that they haven't, cuz I don't have them yet. they're 1.6's but you can easily get them up to 2.8 at least.

They are the LV models?

poddo said:
yes, they are.
Then I would go with the Asus....I believe i have seen some good results with those 1.6LV's and that board at 2cpu and in the multiprocessor forum here.

Oooo, LV models! The plot thickens... least you didn't end up with the 90nm ones that take gianormous HSF's.

Hey poddo, so you get a little more exposure and some more ideas, I'm going to move this over to mobo's so those guys can chime in.

Back