Dual 670 GTX in 2-way SLI and only 24FPS?!?

The Internal

Limp Gawd
Hey all,

I started playing Skyrim again recently and added the SoSENB to it. I play skyrim on my 2560x1440 27" Catleap Yamakasi 2703. I have an old 24" 1920x1200 dell in portrait mode also hooked up / powered on. In NVIDIA control panel, it's set to "maximize 3d performance" and SLI is listed as enabled.

I'm a little confused why Skyrim is averaging a mere 24 FPS. I have every setting maxxed, as well as the SoSENB enabled. The FPS is holding pretty steadily at 24 FPS, mind you, I'm just a bit annoyed that it's not higher.

Is there something I need to adjust in a .ini file or something? Is this "normal" for a 2-way SLI rig for this game? Benches I've seen (at a mere 4x AA) suggest 80+ FPS.

Relevant specs:

Core i5 3570k - OC at 4.4GHz
dual Gigabyte Geforce 670 GTX cards in 2-way SLI (model GV-N670OC-2GD)
16 GB DDR3
Samsung 830 SSD 256 GB programs drive
Windows 8 Pro
NVIDIA driver ver. 310.70

Last edited:
have you tried taking a card out and seeing how many FPS you get? Might be an SLI thing.

I had this happen to me, so I might as well ask..

Are you sure the sli bridge is connected?

Also a good thing is to download msi afterburner and check the gpu usage % of each card while playing. Are you using any big mods?

The bridge is fimly attached. The only "big" mod I'm using is the one listed in my OP: SoSEBN

Last edited:
bleargh. disabled SLI. About the same framerates as with. WTF. In SLI, neither GPU goes higher than around 52% utilization :/ frigginsmiggin.

What sli mode are you using, Try ForceAltFrameRendering 2, if that doesn't work use nvidia inspector and look up the most optimized sli tag. I have 680 sli's and I use quite a few visual mods and higher settings, 4xAA + FXAA, everything maxed etc, and I'm at a constant 100+ fps.

My 690 works flawlessly in Skyrim, you have something else going on. ENB mods tend to do this kind of thing when installed incorrectly. I would take a look at that first.

There's a 24 fps. bug with some games...namely Crysis. I think it has something to do with resolution settings and v-sync. If you play windowed, all is supposed to be normal. Try creating a custom resolution a few pixels less than your native res. Like 2560 x 1436. to keep fullscreen mode.

Otherwise, I have ENB and am maxxing Skyrim with GTX 670 SLI @ 5760 x 1080 so I dunno.

Last edited:
I ran around in Whiterun last night just to check and was averaging about 55-65 fps in Precision X running around. Specs are in my sig at 2560x1440 with the high res texture pack but no mods (this may be your problem). Try some of the suggestions above because something is wrong.

Use some typ of sweeper and do a clean install maybe some old driver is limiting you.

Back