Dual 19" LCDs vs. one 30" LCD

isai95

Limp Gawd
I work with 4 apps at the same time, email, database, imaging (pdf docs) and iManage. I want to have at least 3 windows open to see all at once to avoid minimizing. Which would be a better setup? two 19" inchers 4x3 aspect ratio or one 30 incher widescreen?

i guess it depends on your budget?

that said, its sometimes nicer to have seperate monitors so you can snap them to fullscreen.

I need one monitor to display full screen all the time to see the PDF docs. Need to see execution dates and the other one to data input and incoming email for live comunication.

I'll try to make the company pay for, but if not, I'm willing to spend about $600 ~ $700.00. Of course less would be better if it is coming out of my pocket.

On a 30" screen, you could easily have 4 windows open. On 2 19" monitors, you could really only have 2 open at one time, unless you made the windows really small. The problem I think you have is you are not comparing apples to oranges. The 30 inch monitor is much nicer, but much more expensive than 2 19 inch monitors. I assume you already have one monitor, so maybe you can get a 24 inch montitor, which will be big enough for 2 windows open at the same time, then have your existing monitor for the third window.

Or you could get a second graphics card, or a triple head to go, and run 3 19" monitors for the 3 windows you want open.

For multiple windows, I think multiple monitors is always a better solution, but when you are comparing a 500 dollar option to a 1000 dollar option, the more expensive option is usually better, but at a huge cost.

You are right!
I don't want the windows too small. I guest, the triple head would do excellent for my need. I even would want an app to be at 1024 x 768 or better yet at 800 x 600 if possible to see big numbers and text. 4 apps at once in a 30incher @ 2560 x 1600, each would look smaller than one window in a 19 incher full screen at 1280 x 1024 isn't it?
May I have different resolutions in different monitors? For example:
Monitor #1 @ 1280 x 1024 and Monitor #2 @ 800 x 600? This would be great to use full screen!

You could haev the two 19" at diffrent resolutions, I recently bought a 24" widescreen (1920x1200) Honestly I think a single 30" is the way to go. Snapping to full screen is great and all, but its often waste of space. You will see numbers and such the same size as you are now on the 30". (The pixels per sq inch is pretty much the same)

Even if you go with 2 19" your still going to be putting multiple windows on each monitor. Better to have 1 30" screen. (1 30" screen if divided into 4 windows will give you the same as 4-1280x800 screens.:eek: THATS A LOT OF SPACE!!! This is verses 2-1280x1024 with 2 19" monitors. By all means if you can get the company to pay for it get the 30".

Back