• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dual 17" or 1 2005FPW ?

Rishy

Gawd
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
540
I currently have a 2 year old Philips 170B4....

Should i just get another 1704FPT and run dual display ?

Or just get a 2005FPW ? The 2405FPW is outta reach for me...

TIA

edit : i know i can still run dual display with my Philips and 2005FPW...but the size difference would irritate me to no end...
 
depends, personally i think if your not a gamer then dual is more usefull, but if you are a gamer the 2005FPW is your friend, i went form a 17 LCD to the 2005FPW and love it, not bad for apps but i still like dual monitors for app usage
 
Another vote for the 2005FPW. You will use both screens (the 2005FPW and your 17) but you will enjoy the use of the 2005FPW more than the 2nd 17.
 
I think 2001FP is a better choice since you have the most real estate for the price.
 
I disagree that dual is not useful for gaming. With a dual setup, you can game on one monitor and have IRC, Chat, web pages, etc open on the other. I hated missing people trying to get ahold of me while I was in Quake, but now I know when someone is trying to my attention and can tab out to answer them.

I do the same thing with movies too. I have the movie playing on one screen while chatting/web browsing on the other. I say go dual 20". :)

I think the only thing I'd give up my duals for is a 24" widescreen or higher.
 
well i would still run dual...so i can still game on my 2005 and have whatever on my 17"
 
not sure really...was just responding to what this guy said :)

FalseGod said:
I disagree that dual is not useful for gaming. With a dual setup, you can game on one monitor and have IRC, Chat, web pages, etc open on the other. I hated missing people trying to get ahold of me while I was in Quake, but now I know when someone is trying to my attention and can tab out to answer them.
 
FalseGod said:
I disagree that dual is not useful for gaming. With a dual setup, you can game on one monitor and have IRC, Chat, web pages, etc open on the other. I hated missing people trying to get ahold of me while I was in Quake, but now I know when someone is trying to my attention and can tab out to answer them.

I do the same thing with movies too. I have the movie playing on one screen while chatting/web browsing on the other. I say go dual 20". :)

I think the only thing I'd give up my duals for is a 24" widescreen or higher.

Totally agree.....

going from 2 to 1 monitor is getting hard to adjust to,need another 2005
:D
 
Single for games, dual for apps as already mentioned.
I love my dual monitors, it makes a huge difference when your not playing a game.
 
:D Have decided to tie that string around my stomach tighter and go for the 2405FPW :D


Should be here sometime next Tuesday...
 
Rishy said:
:D Have decided to tie that string around my stomach tighter and go for the 2405FPW :D


Should be here sometime next Tuesday...
wow nice! That is some serious go big or go home. haha
 
What vid card do you have? Can you run games @ the LCD's native res with the details you like ?
 
Back
Top