Dtek Whitewater?

Ironchief

n00b
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
8
I am building my first water-cooling project. So far I only got a Thermochill 120.3, and two D4 pumps. I am looking for a good cpu block to go with. I have been browsing around and narrow down to three blocks and one of them is Dtek whitewater with aluminum top. My concern is that by mixing the aluminum in my loop I would get those nasty "battery effect" corrosion in the long run even though it is anodized. Is this something I should be worried about? the other two choices are G4 or the silver G5. But I want to complete this project soon I might not want to wait that long. Do you guys have any other recommendation? Please help!
 
Don't get anything with aluminum if possible...
Get a Swiftech MWC600x if you want the block this week.
If you want the best block you can buy, you'll wait for a Gx.
Your choice.
 
or u could get the Whitewater with a lucite top....or a dangerden RBX....almost the same thing, almost indentical temps...

i have the WW, and its serving me well (lucite top)....

but its ur choice, the Gx is gonna be the best block money can buy (i think the "storm" is the newest one, and its like $80 US)
 
Never had a problem with corrosion on aluminum topped blocks, just run some antifreeze and your set. I have had numerous problems with plastic tops cracking, though I think most manufacturers have fixed the problems.
 
Back
Top