dsl modem questions

is it possible to upgrade my old speedstream 5360 dsl external modem to something newer?
where can i find a new adsl modem to buy?
and why aren't dsl modems internal?

why would you want to upgrade? it doesn't give any better speed unless there is something wrong with the one u have.

and they do make internal..

why upgrade? because i upgrade everything and the only thing i haven't is my modem oaky?

where can i find a internal one?

thanks for replying!

caracaovazio said:
why upgrade? because i upgrade everything and the only thing i haven't is my modem oaky?

where can i find a internal one?

thanks for replying!

i'd go talkin to your isp before "upgrading" your dsl modem.. they control what u can get. it would be pointless to buy one you can't use.

There really isn't much use or need to upgrade your ISP's DSL modem as there is a very good chance that they have a special model or firmware for their particular service that doesn't allow 3rd party brands to be used with their service. Why do you wanna upgrade it in the first place? Im still using my original Actiontec modem from Qwest but I paired it with a D-Link 4300 to do my routing functions and the actiontec is nothing more then a bridge.

caracaovazio said:
mine makes a pitch noise. annoying. link?

Call your ISP. Get them to replace that unit. We use those models and they're reliable to a point, but the sound means we replace them. Faulty ISP provided equipment.

Back