DSL magically slows down.. am i getting shafted?

RancidWAnnaRIot

EspantaPajaros
Hello,

So i've been on DSL for a while.. it's rated at 1.5Mbps.. Bellsouth fast access is what i'm using

i left for a week, and when i got back... my internet feels significantly slower... am i getting shafted??? i went over to one of these speed testing sites.. and it say's my speed is 800kbps..

what do you guys think i should do?? i'm started to get annoyed at how much slower everything is now...

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
Hello,

So i've been on DSL for a while.. it's rated at 1.5Mbps.. Bellsouth fast access is what i'm using

i left for a week, and when i got back... my internet feels significantly slower... am i getting shafted??? i went over to one of these speed testing sites.. and it say's my speed is 800kbps..

what do you guys think i should do?? i'm started to get annoyed at how much slower everything is now...

Call them and talk to a Tech?

-(Xyphox)- said:
Call them and talk to a Tech?

I agree. You're paying for it. Make them fix it. This similar thing happened to me with cable. The installer gave us all the channels when he hooked it up, then when they audited, and found out we weren't paying for the channels, they locked up the outside box, and it killed my bandwidth. So I complained, and now I have a work order from them saying that I am allowed to have all the channels I don't pay for, because the signal limiter affects my bandwidth. :) Could it be a similar problem with DSL? Maybe some options on your line were removed? Just guessing here.

the first thing you should do is reset your dsl modem - then run a bandwidth test (like at dsl reports) - if the speed is down THEN call your ISP.

Pied said:
the first thing you should do is reset your dsl modem - then run a bandwidth test (like at dsl reports) - if the speed is down THEN call your ISP.

YOU CRAZY MOTHER FUCKER!! lol.. i totally forgot that you can reset the modem.. i went ahead and reset it.. and it feels just as fast as it use to...

LOL.. thanks a lot :D :D :D

Back