DS3L works with E8400 out of the box?

kenshin23

Weaksauce
I want to know if this is true i saw it on the out of box mobo thread but not sure thanks.

need a quick answer sry if im impatient but im ordering my pc tonight thanks again.

yeah, thats what "yes it does" means in response to your question "DS3L works with E8400 out of the box?"

I would think it depends on the BIOS version you get.
If you are refering to the GA-P35-DS3L you would need to have the F8a BIOS installed:http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2629

If the BIOS is earlier then you will need to flash it obviously. Depends on when the board was made and how many older ones your vendor had lying around.

If your board needs to be flashed, any early C2D processor will suffice for the initial boot, flash the BIOS and then put in your new CPU.

I would think it depends on the BIOS version you get.
If you are refering to the GA-P35-DS3L you would need to have the F8a BIOS installed:http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2629

If the BIOS is earlier then you will need to flash it obviously. Depends on when the board was made and how many older ones your vendor had lying around.

If your board needs to be flashed, any early C2D processor will suffice for the initial boot, flash the BIOS and then put in your new CPU.

my board had the F7 BIOS and had no problems with an E8400 right out of the box, the F8a bios is not required

my board had the F7 BIOS and had no problems with an E8400 right out of the box, the F8a bios is not required

He's right, you don't need to flash your BIOS for it to work out of the box. Mine also came with the F7 BIOS and the E8400 works fine.

According to Gigabyte's Web site, as shown in the link from magoo, BIOS version F8a is what's needed for the E8400. It may work with BIOS F7, but there obviously were some changes made in F8a for better support.

Back