• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DS3 dual channel boot problems!!

cRu|Timmy

n00b
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13
Hey guys ive been having this nagging problem for some time now and was hoping you guys could help me out. Basically my DS3 will not boot up with 2x1gb installed. The pc boots fine everytime without problem with only 1 gig in the first slot but fails to post every single time with 2 gigs. Ive tried each stick in the first slot and memtest passes without errors. I also have it set to +.3 in bios so the voltage is not the problem.

The wierd thing about this is that I had 2 gigs running on this mob0 for about a month after i flashed to F10 bios and i thought that was the problem, however ive recently been overclocking and had to clear the cmos and now the board wont boot with 2 gigs again. Im currently flashed to F11 and still having this problem.

So anyway I was hoping you guys could provide some suggestions, Ive tried gigabyte tech support which they were useless and i really think that the ram is ok but im not sure why it wont boot

Thx guys
Timmy-
 
Gee another DS3 problem thread......



Anyways, id try messing with timings/voltages.....See if that helps.
 
So this was not an issue when you were on the F10? Some RAM is finnicky with the DS3 (like OCZ) although that was with early bios'. If it runs OK with the F10, theres your answer. I had a good, stable OC with the F10 but when flashing to F11 it would reset to default settings, so went back to F10.
 
Load fail-safe defaults in the BIOS and see if that works. Maybe your RAM is trying to use strict timings (the DS3 supposedly requires 5-5-5). Finally, head to your local Office Depot or Fry's and buy some new RAM to see if that's what the real problem is (it'll be horribly overpriced, but you can try it and return it).
 
I had the same problem. At frist I couldnt get it to boot at all after 12 hours of wrestling with that psychopath. It finally booted up in single mode. I had the memory in 1 and 2 bank. it wouldnt boot up in 1and 3 or 2 and 4. these boards are horrible. I finally rma the board and havent heard anything from them in 3 weeks. I think I might just go and get an evga nforce 650 board. I am tired of this crap. that ds3 was the worst purchase i ever made. not only that but it would constantly reboot and loose its bios setting time after time. Is a peice of work I tell you.:D
 
well its weird bc it seemed to work right after i flashed to F10, but just recently when i reset the cmos it didnt work under F10 :/
 
Back
Top