• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ds3 default voltages?

KD28

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
113
Trying to work out some stability issues with my ds3 when overclocking. Following Bill Parrish's guide I've added 0.1v to each of the settings but want to know what the default settings and what are generally safe upper limits I should consider? Taken from Bill's guide:

DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] <-- default is 1.8V, 1.8 + 0.3V = 2.1V set this to add up to your ram's voltage requirement.
PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] <--- a little extra for stability
FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] <--- a little extra for stability
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] <--- a little extra for stability
CPU Voltage Control_______ [Per chart below] <--- very mild overvoltage so we can start playing soon SEE WARNING BELOW

So DDR2 would be per your RAM max and CPU max recommended according to Bill is 1.55v. How about the PCI-E, FSB, MCH? Anyone know where I can look? Thanks
 
I actually had more stability issues raising the voltages. I have stuck with the +.1v on all and only using +.2v on the RAM. I have the CPU set to 1.475v (gives 1.4v after droop) which is good for 470*7 3290Mhz Orthos stable.

RAM is 1:1 and 5-5-5-15. I did try raising the voltages higher but end up with less stability and just more heat. I have found that +.1v is perfect.

Don't just throw voltages at the problem. Try reducing them
 
Back
Top