DS3 bios F11

Hmm, installed and working fine, though it hasn't taken away my issues with the board, namely the funky restarting and inaccurate voltage readings.

i had funky restarting i set the PCI E manually to 100mhz and now its fine
must be a quirk in the bios or something

running 667 fsb x9 multi SPD 2.66 ram 978mhz 4-4-4-10 2T
core v 1.40 also iam running windows vista home premium which is picky on OCing

I've ran it all day & I can see no difference than F10. Every thing acts just like it did,for better or worse ...........................:)

I used F11a and now it won't boot at all
starts up and then shuts off

My F11A is working the same as f10..... still able to overclock to 3.5ghz with stable orthos running for 24hrs.
350x10

Will this help with the FSB wall for the e4300/DS3 issue? I can not do anywhere near 400FSB with this combo.

Considering a move to a e6420 to try and clear the issue

Will this help with the FSB wall for the e4300/DS3 issue? I can not do anywhere near 400FSB with this combo.

Considering a move to a e6420 to try and clear the issue

It didn't work for me to get 400fsb with any multi. It does seem to help some cold boot issues though. Unlike f11a, f11b seems to be helping with alot of the problems people were having.

I'm thinking about the 6420 also, but i'm not willing to be a guinea pig again and will wait to see if anyone's having success with that combo.

I've ordered a e6420 this morning from eBuyer for £116inc del (Google checkout ten squid off ftw!).

Its on cheapo delivery so will be here next week. Also got a HR-05 to install and waiting on the Ultra 120 Extreme....

my rev 3.3 ds3 came with f10 bios. doesn't seem like much reason to go f11 yet. keep us posted!

my rev 3.3 ds3 came with f10 bios. doesn't seem like much reason to go f11 yet. keep us posted!

It seems more of the problems are with e4300's and the rev 3.3 board. From your signature and a few other results I've seem posted the 6420 looks more promising. I was reading another forum where people were saying there was less vdroop and maybe getting stable OC's with slight less voltage with f11B.

What are the issues with the 4300 and rev 3.3? I am very close to buying these two parts. Thanks.

Issue is the FSB wall. I can't get it to even post with anything above 395fsb. Anything over 386 is unstable.. And this is with multiplyer of 8, so the cpu isn't the problem.

Finally got round to installing this BIOS and my my Thermalright gear.

DS3 with F11b
e6420
2GB OCZ 6400 XTC Rev 2
TR Ultra 120 with 7v fan
TR HR05 passive

So far F11b has allowed me to break the 400MHz barrier and now orthosing at 3.3GHz (Same 1.475v set in bios 1.4v real) and RAM at 1:1 4-4-4-15 compared to 3.2GHz ram at 5-5-5-15

After a restart last night during orthos I have decided to take a new tack this morning.

Before my limit was 400MHz FSB. Now I am trying 460*7 for 3.22GHz at 1:1 5-5-5-15.

Temps are good, fine now for 15 minutes but obviously gonna wait it out for about 4-6 hours of orthos.

Does anyone know what "Fix PCI-E overclock issue" means? It'd be nice if they gave some release notes or even one sentence on what they're talking about.

Does anyone know what "Fix PCI-E overclock issue" means? It'd be nice if they gave some release notes or even one sentence on what they're talking about.
LOL, I'm with you on this one. Gigabyte sucks the big one with their BIOS release notes. :p

What i really want to know is "Support Intel E6420 & E6320 CPU" Mine came with F10 like everyone else and has supported my e6420 without issue what could it possibly mean then?

I called Gigabyte tech support. The hold time was only 30 seconds and the guy was friendly and competent. He didn't know the answer regarding the BIOS notes and said that's controlled by their headquarters in Taiwan. :(

I'm going to install F11 now and see what happens. I wonder if the "Fix PCI-E overclock issue" refers to the problem where it puts your x16 PCI-e slot in x1 mode.

i had funky restarting i set the PCI E manually to 100mhz and now its fine
must be a quirk in the bios or something

running 667 fsb x9 multi SPD 2.66 ram 978mhz 4-4-4-10 2T
core v 1.40 also iam running windows vista home premium which is picky on OCing

So lets see some pics of your umm 6Ghz e4300

I'm going to install F11 now and see what happens. I wonder if the "Fix PCI-E overclock issue" refers to the problem where it puts your x16 PCI-e slot in x1 mode.
No, F11 doesn't fix that "x1" issue. But I found a forum post where a guy said to set the PCI-e frequency to "101" to make the x16 stick, as so far it works for me! But the side effect is a FSB at 332 instead of my programmed 333, for no apparent reason (but not like it matters).

Well I tried the F11 bios and the board would not hold my OC at all, it disables the CPU host clock control on every boot, this was not an issue with the F10. So back to F10. (I have the rev1.0 of the DS3).

No, F11 doesn't fix that "x1" issue. But I found a forum post where a guy said to set the PCI-e frequency to "101" to make the x16 stick, as so far it works for me! But the side effect is a FSB at 332 instead of my programmed 333, for no apparent reason (but not like it matters).

For me having the pci-e locked at just about anything works for this. Leaving it at "auto" can cause the problem.

Well I tried the F11 bios and the board would not hold my OC at all, it disables the CPU host clock control on every boot, this was not an issue with the F10. So back to F10. (I have the rev1.0 of the DS3).

Just try 2MHz more or less on the fsb. The new F11 has alot more FSB holes than f10, for me atleast.

F11 resets your memory multiplier to "Auto" after a bad OC. You'll need to remember to revert that setting to whatever you normally use.

What I really hate about the DS3 is how it randomly hangs when I try to boot up or restart, where the monitor stops receiving a signal. Then on the following bootup it resets the OC.

I've read about a couple good BIOS tweaks that supposedly help. One is to change the last option on one of the BIOS pages from PCI to PEG, so that it first searches for a PCI-e video card instead of PCI or something. Another is from Johnny9ball on this forum, where you change the fan speed control to "Legacy" and "PWM". Then of course you want to set the PCI-e frequency to 101 or so.

I had a really interesting thing happen last night on my rev1.0 DS3 (after updating to F11) during a hotlapping session of GTR2. The game locked up (this almost never happens on this system...it's rock stable). I had made no other changes (drivers, programs,etc..), the system hung and during restart, I could NOT get into the BIOS. When I hit the delete key, the system would simply restart and continue to loop.I had to select F8 to start in safe mode, then do a normal shutdown....on the restart I was finally able to go into the BIOS. I am now back to F10 with no other issues yet. What's weird is that F11b did not exhibit the anomaly. Anybody else have a similar experience?

I've experienced this issues as well, even when I set to 515fsb in the bios it reverts back to 514fsb if I've manually set the PCI clock to anything other than auto.

Gonna give this F11 final bios a go and see what happens. :rolleyes:

Well F11 sucks imho.

Made my old OC completely unbootable. Booted up @ 500x7, but refused to do anything higher.

Flashed back to F10, guess I'll just deal with the PCI-E issue lol.

I've had C1E disabled for a while, and when I re-enabled it it shut my PCIe back down to x1. Then I disabled it and I was still at x1. After some more monkeying around I got it back to x16. Like you said, at POST it reports 1MHz less than the FSB should be, but in Windows it reports correctly. I would never have bought this mobo if I knew it had such ridiculous behavior.

What do you do for mobo cooling with a 500 FSB, like just a northbridge and/or southbridge fan?

I've had C1E disabled for a while, and when I re-enabled it it shut my PCIe back down to x1. Then I disabled it and I was still at x1. After some more monkeying around I got it back to x16. Like you said, at POST it reports 1MHz less than the FSB should be, but in Windows it reports correctly. I would never have bought this mobo if I knew it had such ridiculous behavior.

What do you do for mobo cooling with a 500 FSB, like just a northbridge and/or southbridge fan?

Well actually the mobo does 515fsb with only .1v to the fsb. I've got .3v to the Memory controller though. Cooling wise I've got a 50mm fan on the northbridge, but nothing other than the stock heatsink fan on the south bridge.

It's not really needed in my case as with my setup the northbridge rarely gets over 40c. It just depends on the setup and mobo really. :D

so the f11 is crap for oc as well?

I'm still on F7 as many have mentioned it is the best bios for oc'ing and im sitting at 3.2ghz with my e6400

This is new to me - I just did some searches in this forum and could find no other threads on any "pci-e x1" issues. Can you elaborate, or point me to a thread with more details? How do I tell if I am being affected by this?

This is new to me - I just did some searches in this forum and could find no other threads on any "pci-e x1" issues. Can you elaborate, or point me to a thread with more details? How do I tell if I am being affected by this?

I think it's when your video performance suffers greatly when changing the FSB. I noticed that GW ran at a whopping 20 FPS after bumping the FSB on my E4300 up to 300. I set the clock to 100, and it was still slow sometimes - bumping it to 101 MHz got it to run like normal, oddly enough, back at aronud 70 FPS.

Oh noes! I upgraded and lost 5s on a 2M Pi calc in SuperPi. I still can't get passed 333 MHz (actually, Orthos fails at 3.0 GHz after 11 seconds anyway), and Speedfan reads one of my temperatures 10º C higher than it did in F10. BIOS is the same way for the same reading. Oddly enough, other two temperatures Speedfan finds (Core0 and Core1, I think), stayed the same. Any ideas?

same here. F11 didn't fix the graphics x1 issue!!!:mad: Lame. I tried the 101 trick and it worked for a few reboots then I had the slowdown again.

I'm going back to F10 because F11 added nothing for me and my OC seems less stable.

Back