DS Lite Wifi

tiuk

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
99
This is driving me absolutely crazy.

I'd like to get my DS Lite connected to my network for gaming, and using the web browser as a remote for certain applications. My wireless network uses WPA, which the DS doesn't support. My solution to this was to connect to my network with my laptop's integrated wifi card, then install a PCMCIA wireless nic that I have (in ad-hoc mode, without WPA enabled) and bridge the connections.

This failed miserably. I also tried using ICS, with no luck. The DS can see the ad-hoc card, but can't get internet access through it.

This should work, right? Any suggestions for things I might have missed would be appreciated. I'm trying to do this all without buying a $39 nintendo wifi USB adapter, or another router.
 
Have you setup a shared connection thru the adhoc? I've done it a couple times never to a ds though. And I will vouch that the wifi stick is great, my g/f got it and was able to set it up herself np and you can take it anywhere that you have access to a computer and use it. Not a bad solution and can be had for 30 on amazon. Just my .02
 
Yeah, I tried bridging the ad-hoc to the other wireless adapter. When that didn't work, I removed the bridge and tried Internet Connection Sharing.
 
Back
Top