DS as PDA???

Oldwolf

Limp Gawd
Last week I bought the Nintendo DS(in blue) and the GBA cartridge Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls.

And after playing with it I have made a few interesting discoveries. Imho most noteably is that the DS would make a killer PDA device if they should ever make a chip/cartridge for it.

Think about it for a sec. 2 screens, touchpad, Wifi, USB, messaging utility, the only thing missing from the package would be a PDA chip of some sort that would have an address book, spreadsheet, notepad, scheduler, and maybe a few other of the usual items one would find in a PDA.

Does anyone know if they have this sort of cartridge or if they're planning on making one???

Your thoughts???

Thank you.

Browser support would be nice, but I'd rather have a calendar/note system. A plus would be Office/e-mail compatibility, but I'll take what I can get. Even just a system that would allow you to scribble stuff down on the touch screen, save the pic of it, and attach it to a calendar would be useful.

Yeah I was thinking about that too .. would be cool if you can write notes and save them.

It would be crazy to think that someone doesn't have this in development. Especially a "Mario Paint" type application? It won't be Nintendo, though - they want to focus on games.

PDA doesn't sound like a very fun game. Or does it? It should simulate some kind of customizable underpaid intern that you can pick on when fustrated.

OK, serously, finding more uses for stuff is cool. It's got the hardware to spare.

Langford said:
PDA ...customizable underpaid intern that you can pick on when fustrated.

If it's a japanese game I'm sure they'll have more interesting uses for the intern... :D

Back