• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DS-A1 iPod hookup

Stroker

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
166
Well I don't think this exactly the right place to put this so sorry but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with hooking your ipod to your reciever? All the ones I have seen only have left and right channel analog out. I currently have a earphone to RCA wire but I only get left and right channel with it...no bass or sorround and I am afraid this or any other docking station to reciever hookup will do the same thing. Only difference is it connects to the data port but I still don't see how I will get more than left and right channel. Any help is greatly appreciated
thanks
 
All your going to get is left and right channel.

I personally feel this is all you need. That all I get off my other components and everything sounds fine on my 5 channel setup.
 
oh but you can hear it through all 5 speakers? Thats what I wanted to know. No subwoofer though?
 
some receivers have a setting you can manually set to activate the surround speakers. some will only switch to 5.1 etc. if it detects a digital signal (optical, coaxial type). My older sony has a manual setting but only allows me to get the center channel and sub no rear surround.
 
Back
Top