Dropping vcore on core i7 920 DO

Dell4

n00b
I've overclocked my i7 DO to 3.66 and it is running stable. The temps were a little higher at load than I wanted (70c), so I have dropped my vcore to 1.2. If it still runs stable, is there any reason not to do this? Thanks for the input.

If it is stable, the lower voltage the better. That means lower temps, and those are better for everyone. Just make sure you stress test it well once you lower the vcore.

I've overclocked my i7 DO to 3.66 and it is running stable. The temps were a little higher at load than I wanted (70c), so I have dropped my vcore to 1.2. If it still runs stable, is there any reason not to do this? Thanks for the input.

When you mean dropping the Vcore you mean changing from auto to a number since auto bumps the vcore higher as your clock speed goes up.

Whats your vid?, maybe post a cpu-z screen so we can see what batch you have. (i here the B's overclock better with less volts than the D0 a's)

If you can get the CPU to run stable on lower Vcore than my all means do it, the lower the voltage the better, the lower temps and the less power the CPU will be using. It also leaves you more room to overclock when you have less voltage.

Back