Dropbox for iOS

Do you use the official Dropbox app for iOS?

  • Yes, frequently

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Yes

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes but not very often

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I do not use iOS (or do not use an Apple ID with iOS)

    Votes: 1 6.7%

  • Total voters
    15
No. Google Drive and iCloud work well enough and I get more storage with them. 15gb free from google and work pays for 200gb for icloud for me.
 
Just have token accounts for Dropbox and Google drive for the few times I need them. Otherwise prefer iCloud.
 
I have yet to find use for cloud storage. Mostly it's annoying if anything.
 
I have yet to find use for cloud storage. Mostly it's annoying if anything.

It's much easier to drop something in dropbox and then go on another PC/Device and have the same file than put it on a flash drive and then transfer it. It might not be as useful outside of college though.
 
I have yet to find use for cloud storage. Mostly it's annoying if anything.

I have a laptop, a desktop, and my iPad. With Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc, I can be working on a document/spreadsheet/script/etc on my desktop, save it to one of those services drive. Grab my laptop, go elsewhere, get a connection, and continue working like I had left off. If I am going to a job interview, I always have a copy of my latest resume with me because it syncs between my desktop and my iPad and my laptop.
 
I went with Dropbox when they had the most features. I don't know about how they fare feature-wise now but I do have box, dropbox, ms onedrive, and google drive. I find that Dropbox still seems to work best. I use it to hold documents I want to access from my phone, ipad, work pc and home pc. I also use it to backup photos from my phone. It makes it easy to access them on any device.
 
I have a laptop, a desktop, and my iPad. With Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc, I can be working on a document/spreadsheet/script/etc on my desktop, save it to one of those services drive. Grab my laptop, go elsewhere, get a connection, and continue working like I had left off. If I am going to a job interview, I always have a copy of my latest resume with me because it syncs between my desktop and my iPad and my laptop.

I guess if you need to work with tiny files that's workable. With anything larger cloud storage just gets annoyingly clumsy with all the transfer delays. Working with Excel/Word files is so 90's anyway ;)
 
I prefer to use iCloud because it's cheaper, with just 1 euro/month I have 50gb.
 
Back
Top