Drones Could Make the World Better

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Drones may be a good thing for the environment according to a recent study. The study says that small packages delivered short distances by drones result in less carbon emission than delivery trucks even if they are electric. While all of this is interesting it's not going to happen quickly because of all the regulation involved. However, if anyone can get this kind of thing cleared on a large scale basis it's Amazon and we know they are working on it.

We show that, although drones consume less energy per package-km than delivery trucks, the additional warehouse energy required and the longer distances traveled by drones per package greatly increase the life-cycle impacts. Still, in most cases examined, the impacts of package delivery by small drone are lower than ground-based delivery.

With a generous contribution from Amazon I am sure.

Amazon, don't get me started on that "AliExpress" Jr. site. It's become the knockoff king as of late with the influx of cheap shit from China.

I know it's plausible but I just don't see this taking off. /punny/

There are just too many scenarios where this can go wrong.

Lots of things we invent could make the world better, if we weren't so hellbent on making a buck off them that they turn out to be a negative.

I just want whoever flew a drone into my yard and took my dog to put her back. :)

There's a 50.1% chance that drones will make the world a better place. Only a 49.9% chance that they will kill us all.

A dog on a drone. I've seen everything now. I wonder how many dogs were sacrificed for that experiment.

Yeah well, the internet "could make the world better" too, and look how that turned out. ;)

In response to your problems with the Internet. We have decided to shut it down. Several RBBS sites have been setup to replace it along with some MCI and Sprint codes for "easy" access.

It still takes breaking the H bonds of hydrocarbons in powerplants to make the heat necessary to spin turbines. We eliminate carbon fueld vehicles and replace with electron powered we just end up ramping up carbon combustion at the plants. The only difference is harnessing a new form of energy based on non carbon.

Honestly I want to see a new source of near infinite power potential not for green purposes... no, I want to see us colonize planets. Im so far in the realm of unreality with my wishes it depresses me.

I know we have the tech. Governments and share holders are too greedy to advance our species. Better to enjoy MY YACHT now and screw our childrens future.

Back