DroidX Gingerbread Rooted Release!

I snagged the original unrooted version last night, but waited on installing it...thankfully. So, came in tonight, downloaded the new pre-rooted version, and basically ignored the recommended way of installing it...:D

I figured since I had a nice back-up of my original 2.3.340 system, I would forgo the whole SBF`ing back, and see what would happen. Well, so far so good...I have been up and running well over 5 hours now with no issues so far.

I will say this, Blur in Gingerbread is a minimum...just enough to be usable, while not intruding too far and actually hampering the phone. There are some very nice additions to the OS:

1) Built-in ability to uninstall apps straight from the app drawer...very nice and very needed.

2) Better Contact Management

3) Smoother transitions in the UI...speed does seem to be increased across the board of the phone.

Battery life has not been tested by me on my phone yet...I am hoping it does as well as Liberty v1.5 for me...17-24 hours normally with nothing but system tweeks...we shall see as I am full charged and about to head to bed...

Overall, I like it, but I will be curious to see what the Devs can do with it as far as themes go....looking to Kejar and JRummy and maybe Liberty v2.0 in a few weeks...:eek:

Yea I went to the rooted version yesterday. Battery life seemed ok, but doing the manual reset of battery stats as I don't have a bootstrapper installed yet.

Surprised the root hasn't been blocked on this like it was on the atrix update, they're still struggling to figure that out.

Anyone else done this?

Considering it, but I've heard that there are still kinks like LED light is iffy, battery life is questionable... some say it's better (which is what I'd logically expect) and some say it's worse.

If something fucks up I have to resort to SBF which I've never done before, though it can't be too hard... I'm on the correct version right now so it should be a clean, straight shot to GB. Anyone else have any opinions?

i had to sbf to get to the rooted gingerbread from stock gingerbread. it's pretty simple though, i had troubles getting RSD Lite to sbf on win 7 64bit, got it working on vista 64 bit.

Flashing with RSD is dead simple. Never had one issue on W7 either. Curious.

On my win 7-64bit machine i got the 0x7100 failed flashing process. I tried using RSD Lite 4.6-4.9 still got the same thing, correct drivers too. tried the exact same thing on my vista64 machine and worked just fine

Back