Droid X vs. Droid 2

hity645

[H]F Junkie
So its about time for me to upgrade my phone and it seems the cheapest ones I can get are the Droids. Some of my family and co-workers have the Droid X, while it has a bigger screen and better camera no one can explain why they picked it over the Droid 2 (which happens to be the cheapest Droid phone available to me).

So my question is why would I pick the Droid X over the Droid 2? Do note that I am not a fan of having a brick of a phone IE: large screen, so that really is not a selling point for me. And I've done some research about "rooting" and am curious about why I would want to do that? And what benefit I would have etc.

Thanks guys!

well..you ruled out the bigger screen. what else would there be? i have zero need for hard KB's...soft KB's are better for me..so..the reason i bought my X was the screen size. Its like having a pocket netbook. Rooting allows you to add or remove some stuff that you cant do without superuser access. thats all. Or try other custom ROM's

You pretty much answered your own question. You said you are not a fan of "a brick of a phone" so that cancels the droid x right away.

IMO the droid x is the better choice. the screen size sells it for me.

I picked the Droid X over the Droid 2. I was leaning towards a phone with a sliding keyboard, but after using a friend's phone (HTC Evo) I decided I could get used to an on screen keyboard. I imagine the Droid X is less bulky due to the lack of the sliding keyboard.

Get the droid X2 that was just released. Faster processor than the original droid X

The only differences between the DX and the D2 is the hardware KB and the smaller screen size of the D2...the "guts" are the same as far as processor, ram and internal storage size...

If you have to have a HW KB, get the D2...if not, get the DX/DX2...that big 4.3" screen is sexy....:D

The only differences between the DX and the D2 is the hardware KB and the smaller screen size of the D2...the "guts" are the same as far as processor, ram and internal storage size...

If you have to have a HW KB, get the D2...if not, get the DX/DX2...that big 4.3" screen is sexy....:D
I would agree with this...

I needed a phone and didn't want a "brick". I also didn't need a data phone but pretty much any phone with internet access is going to require a data plan. I was also in the market for a mp3/multi-media player. In steps the rooted DX. Solved all of my problems/needs ;) Great apps and itdoes pretty much anything. I'm happy - for now........

I've settled on the Droid X. The Droid 2's bulk would not really bother me but I don't need a keyboard. Verizon's page and automated phone system says I'm eligible for an upgrade but Amazon so NO. If it turns out that I cannot purchase from Amazon, I will get the Droid 2 because like previously said their essentially the safe phone just minor differences like Camera, keyboard, and screen size. Which the first two I don't really care for and the third I can live with I guess.

I have both an X company phone and my own Droid 2 and like the 2 better, fits in pocket takes abuse and I love the keyboard.

you should look at the droid x2 with a dual core. same screen just better hardware then the Droid X.

i am thinking of getting other verizon account and getting the droid x2 and putting my other account on hold. until i can figure what to do with it.

because my samsung phone has been a nightmare >.<

The Droid x is stupid big, I got a incredible instead. I can't pocket a 4.3 inch screen phone and the incredible is better then the D2

Different strokes for different folks, I love my big screen droid x, others hate the bigger size screen. To each his own. Try each out and see which fits you better

Back