Droid X set to get Froyo tomorrow

w00t!

thanks for this post.. I checked, downloading now!!!

tampa bay Area..if thats relevent

Ugh, still have an Eris...

Time to root that Eris in order to get 2.2 since it's been announced Eris will not be getting upgraded officially. ;)

As for Droid X users: Welcome to the wonderful world of Android 2.2. :D

Now a public service annoucement!

Do NOT flash back to the 2.1 SBF after installing the OTA. It bricks your phone. :eek:

Motorola performed some very shady shit with this OTA and it's aimed specifically at the modding community.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ota-new-bootloader-uses-new-signing-keys.html

Whenever I replace my Droid I foresee HTC hardware in my future...

downloaded, installed, smooth. no issues! definitly smoothed out some of the screen lag... went and updated the GMail GUI, nice..

so far, so good! Seems a tad bit snappier

Time to root that Eris in order to get 2.2 since it's been announced Eris will not be getting upgraded officially. ;)

As for Droid X users: Welcome to the wonderful world of Android 2.2. :D

Now a public service annoucement!

Do NOT flash back to the 2.1 SBF after installing the OTA. It bricks your phone. :eek:

Motorola performed some very shady shit with this OTA and it's aimed specifically at the modding community.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ota-new-bootloader-uses-new-signing-keys.html

Whenever I replace my Droid I foresee HTC hardware in my future...
interesting.. good to know..thanks Vermillion... :cool:

I updated my droid x with no issues last night, this morning I updated my wifes droid x and hers is stuck on the moto logo which will not go away. I have taken battery out and rebooted, but moto screen continues. Her phone will ring on an incoming call but you can't answer it. Very strange I may have to do a hard reset. Neither of our phones have been rooted. So m my house is 1- 2 with successful updates :(

I took the battery out for about fifteen minutes and it finally booted. I had tried taking the battery out but was only keeping out out for about 30 seconds and the M logo was still there. So something about keeping it out longer solved the problem. Now both phones are up to date finally. Whew.

Updated during work this morning right exactly @ 9am. I kinda dislike the lock screen slider. I kinda prefer the old one. I don't really know what else is new, I'll be playing around with it some more. Flash support is cool. What else?

Maybe 5 to ten minutes on 3g but you can download it via wireless which will be faster. Then after download, it takes about 3-5 minutes to actually install then it reboots the phone and you are done!

I'm having a noob moment. I did have the swipe lock disabled, and now after upgrading I cant seem to disable it again. Where is that setting?

Already the sceen froze on me while playin a ringtone back....but I don't think the phone is lock becuz. I could hear stuff in the bg when I press on the screen like apps r launching...I not able to reboot w a power button

Besides my first screen freeze there r some great improvements.. I can. Read multilanguage fonts now; keyboard is better; better w. Google docs..wifi is better for sure.

so far..post OTA... no issues. no real improvement either...other than Chrome to Phone now works

Ok more..... this mornin my browser quits working, I had to reboot to fixed. This never. Happen. With. 2.1

I can't say that I am happy with Froyo on my Droid X sadly. The browser freezes. You can watch flash movies but can't skip around during playback most of the time. The lock slider is laggy. Trying to open battery usage crashes me to home screen. Browser has locked up the phone, twice.

I never had a single one of these issues in 2.1

The browser freezes.

Get Dolphin HD. It's rock solid with Froyo.

You can watch flash movies but can't skip around during playback most of the time.

Well yeah. That's just because Flash currently sucks balls on Android. Give it time.

Trying to open battery usage crashes me to home screen.

I had that problem too the first couple times I tried it. It's rock solid now.

I just find it slightly rediculous that I have to use replacement apps to do things that worked perfectly before. I keep hearing Froyo is supposed to be "faster" yet I keep seeing slowdowns everywhere.

omg really, I was about to place an order for the Droid X. Wtf is with all these android phones having just as many problems if not more than the iPhone. Just when I decide to jump to Verizon for arguably better phone and service, pick the phone I get, I read up on it and it has so many damn problems...

omg really, I was about to place an order for the Droid X. Wtf is with all these android phones having just as many problems if not more than the iPhone. Just when I decide to jump to Verizon for arguably better phone and service, pick the phone I get, I read up on it and it has so many damn problems...

No phones are perfect. Most Android phones seem to have more problems than iPhones, so that's not a good reason to switch. Switch if iOS bores you. Switch if you like to customize your phone. Switch if you want something that the iPhone doesn't have, like a bigger screen or a keyboard.

I do have some minor complaints but my Droid X is the best phone I have ever had. Don't take my previous statements to mean its junk or something.

Agreed, I love my droid x also, it is the best smartphone I have ever used. I just like to gripe about froyo not being perfect but what os is perfect with no complaints

For sure the phone is not perfect despite the problem it have which sometimes can be annoying but I still would pick it over iphone...

I spent atleast 4 hours daily playyin with it
Sadly to say I've spent less time on my pc now coz of this phone
So my expectations for the phone to work perfectly is high which I know. Its not reality
Knowing there will be more future update is hopeful

Back