Droid turbo 2

• Thread starter Deleted member 108676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108676

my work just got me one because my original turbo just quit working yesterday.

I look forward to trying it out. Everyone always tells me I need a newer android phone, so I look forward to trying this one out, and being told why it's not a good enough phone to base an opinion of android off of. :D

Anything to know about this thing?

Camera's not wonderful compared to an S7/Pixel/iPhone, I would HIGHLY suggest a tempered glass screen protector, but overall a solid device.

The screen is a soft plastic, which is why it's so damage resistant. Scratches like a motherfucker. Get a $5 tempered glass protector on Amazon and it'll feel great, won't scratch, and replacing it will be simple.

Edit: Here you go - https://www.amazon.com/Supershieldz...&sr=8-3&keywords=droid+turbo+2+tempered+glass

$8 for a 2 pack. Enjoy the new device. Much better than the original Turbo.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
good device, camera is decent, had Moto X Pure, pretty much the same phone minus the Verizon junk.

It's a work phone, don't waste time or money outfitting it with all the extraneous crap - if it gets damaged, work supplies you with another one.

Based on your past history with Android devices and especially that Droid Turbo, I suspect we'll see posts soon enough with you sharing your experience using it anyway. :p

Tib, yes it's a work phone, but that thing scratches like crazy, and they probably won't replace the device for screen scratching. For $8, it's worth the money. That's all I'd spend on it though.

Then if it gets a scratch on the display surface then let's hope that happens because of something a bit more serious happening that requires a full device replacement... if you catch my drift. ;)

Dude, have you seen those phones? They're f-ing shatterproof haha. The only downside is that the screen is a soft plastic, so it scratches like crazy. Seriously, investing $5 isn't like spending $100.

After a little over a month, and its not bad. Though, the amount of bloat on it is insane. The battery life is pretty damn decent...not as good as my personal phone, BUT, the stand by battery life is insane(relevant since I don't use it at all on the weekends when I'm off).

There is only one thing this phone has I wish my iphone had...turbo charge. To get a full charge from about 5% in less than an hour is amazing.

Otherwise, if people are curious about this phone...I won't recommend against it. I prefer the iOS ecosystem, but its not as bad as my previous android phones.

I used to have a Droid Turbo 2 before my Pixel XL. I had problems with all the bezels getting loose. The ear speaker bar was loose too. I ended up scratching the shatterproof screen and peeling the protective layer and replacing it with a tempered glass protector. Made the screen much more pleasant to use. I found the screen to be obnoxiously warm in its color reproduction, even if it was bright. The Camera is passable, but not great. Performance is great, even against current flagships. Battery Life is great aswell.

Biggest thing I miss though. The leather back mine had.

Overall, Good phone with some build quality issues and a sub par screen.

I used to have a Droid Turbo 2 before my Pixel XL. I had problems with all the bezels getting loose. The ear speaker bar was loose too. I ended up scratching the shatterproof screen and peeling the protective layer and replacing it with a tempered glass protector. Made the screen much more pleasant to use. I found the screen to be obnoxiously warm in its color reproduction, even if it was bright. The Camera is passable, but not great. Performance is great, even against current flagships. Battery Life is great aswell.

Biggest thing I miss though. The leather back mine had.

Overall, Good phone with some build quality issues and a sub par screen.
Mine is a work phone and nothing else, so..,

Back