Droid Eris 2.1 update..

caw2007

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone received the OTA 2.1 update yet? My bro got an Eris yesterday and hasn't' seen the OTA notification.

My sister hasn't received the update on her's either.

I read on Verizon's Twitter that even though it was released yesterday, it may take two weeks for everyone to receive it.

Here in Michigan I just got the update on both mine and my wife's eris. Everything went without a hitch, didn't lose any apps or contacts. Had to redo my home screens but everything else went just fine!

Got mine last night.

All my contact photos that were synced to their Facebook accounts are gone. Does anyone know how to get those back?

My Eris did this with 1.6 just fine, there was an option in the Contact Edit options to sync the picture and birth date. Seems it's gone in 2.1.

Also when I view my phone book there is a giant P with a transparent background near the bottom of the screen. Anyone know how to get rid of that?

Last edited:
My brother got his this morning, seems to be running a lot smoother than 1.6...

Got mine last night.

All my contact photos that were synced to their Facebook accounts are gone. Does anyone know how to get those back?

My Eris did this with 1.6 just fine, there was an option in the Contact Edit options to sync the picture and birth date. Seems it's gone in 2.1.

Also when I view my phone book there is a giant P with a transparent background near the bottom of the screen. Anyone know how to get rid of that?

Not sure what you're talking about with the giant P, I don't see anything like that on my phone.
I noticed that my phone also initially lost its connection to the facebook contacts also, however once I logged into the facebook page and let the phone resync they all came back without me having to do anything.

Yeah, when I view all my contacts there is a giant P on the screen near the bottom. I'll try and get a screen shot of it.

Got the update 2 nights ago. Took less than 30 minutes to download and install.

I had to manually re-sync my contacts but other than that it works perfectly.

Is anyone having trouble with the weather/clock widget crashing? It's also showing that the sun is out when it's clearly night.

Go into your app manager and clear all data for 'HTC Sense' - that cleared up all the issues one of my users was having. Mind you'll have to reset the customizations to the sense widgets but not really a huge deal to do in lieu of getting things fixed.

Back