• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Droid 4, looking sexy...but..

get quad

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2005
Messages
406
I really like the specs on the new D4, esp since I'm a hardcore physical keyboard user. I agree with the sentiment that this phone is what the D3 SHOULD have been.

If the screen turns out to be Super AMOLED Advanced like the RAZR, I think I could definitely be on board for this one even with a non-removable battery, as this screen tech is very battery-friendly.

I assume this phone will also make the jump to ICS in 2012, and hopefully with the Moto buyout by elGoog they won't try to add some fucked up motoblur bullshit when the time comes.

Anyhow, is anyone else eyeballing this beast? Thoughts?

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/2...nitely-a-big-razr-with-a-keyboard-and-4g-lte/
 
I definitely have my eyes on it. I'm one of those "crazy" people that still prefer hardware keyboards over virtual keyboards on their smartphones. I can't wait to replace my Droid Charge with it, I really missed the keyboard from my Samsung Epic.

I'm glad to see that sliders aren't dead just yet. I'm still worried that it will likely not have a removable battery just like Motorola's own Droid RAZR that just came out.

I am not liking this trend. It seems like the general public wants anorexic phones they can slice a cake with. Manufacturers listen but it seems they have to sacrifice a removable battery in order to do so. :mad:
 
I'm still planning on getting the Nexus, but this should be a good upgrade for my wife who is due in mid-December. We're both upgrading from OG Droids. I've grown apart from the keyboard in favor of Swype, so I don't think I'll miss it much. But she still uses hers constantly. I definitely don't want to get her the Droid 3 since its 512 MBs of RAM wouldn't be near as good as 1 GB for the ICS and future updates.

I'm not sure why you all are worried about the battery cover not coming off though. Just check out the picture:

droid4-specs1-650x450.jpg


You can see that it has a rear cover release and removal tool. Also, the MicroSD/SIM card are under there, so I would think you would be able to get to the battery too.
 
I still prefer hardware keyboards, but I'm still planning to take the plunge to software with the GNex. If the Droid 4 had an unlocked bootloader and ICS (a promise doesn't count, imo), I would probably go with it.

The original rumor was that it had a non-removable battery, which is probably where that idea came from.
 
The good thing is that Google now owns Moto, so anyone purchasing this phone is very likely to get ICS early next year. The bad part may be that it could have some incredibly lame-ass unneeded UI add-on like motoblah.

Hoping this isn't the case - if they are TRULY listening, they know we don't want crapware or add-on UIs, we JUST WANT VANILLA ANDROID MOTHERFUCKERS!!! ;)
 
I still prefer hardware keyboards, but I'm still planning to take the plunge to software with the GNex. If the Droid 4 had an unlocked bootloader and ICS (a promise doesn't count, imo), I would probably go with it.

The original rumor was that it had a non-removable battery, which is probably where that idea came from.

The phone will ship with an unlocked bootloader. However VZW will lock it.
 
So far, specs are pointing to LCD screen tech (no AMOLED). If true, thanks for taking a big shit on consumer sentiment yet again Moto!

Slow down on these 6 mo. cycles on new phone releases and ESPECIALLY stop releasing beta-featured phones to the public... assholes!
 
Pretty nice.... 4" is a good size. if it had beats audio I'd be all over it... er... maybe not.
 
OK, so I picked one up. Not great, but not terrible either. I got over the sentiment to send it back once I figured out this new motoblur allows you to hide apps in the app drawer. All the speculation about poor pentile screen quality is just that - it really isn't horrible whatsoever.

Next few days of live use will determine the outcome. Being a business customer, they still give us 30 days to test drive.
 
Back
Top