• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DRM hitch using TMT5

Ruiner

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 22, 2000
Messages
3,093
Got the red 'your blue ray player needs to be updated' warning trying to play '127 Hours'.
Had to block net access for TMT in options for it to play.
A brief search revealed others having this problem with other recent Fox releases ('Black Swan' mentioned).

Or am I the only one not ripping/encoding with Anydvd?
 
That's interesting. I just watched 127 hours via TMT3 and had no issues (full bluray folder).

I don't have anything else to add except maybe there is something else going on since it had worked for me (and, Black Swan, actually).
 
heh, had it again with 'Black Swan', another Fox/News Corp title. After multiple attempts at blocking/unblocking java net access in TMT5, updating java, running as admin I was finally able to get the disc to play but only through WMC (i.e. not TMT standalone ). Playback was initially laggy as if the Zacate was choking or the disc was buffering. Firmware on the reader is updated, fwiw, but Asus hasn't updated for a while.

Not exactly a pleasant experience vs. a standalone appliance.

I'll probably try the shareware version of AnydvdHD.

And these dopes wonder why people pirate.

edit: no joy with realtek driver updates either (using toslink out to receiver). AnydvdHD came through like a champ.
 
Last edited:
I had no problem making a MKV of 127 hours, so it worked fine on my systems. Not quite getting the comment about pirate, though.
 
Not quite getting the comment about pirate, though.

I'm a legit user, with legit media from Netflix, legit windows and TMT and it still *doesn't just work*. Put disc in....watch movie. Too much to ask?

If entirely stripping the DRM is the solution, then DRM is the problem. The product is sold broken.
 
The question is what product is broken. I put disc in and watched movie.
 
Or am I the only one not ripping/encoding with Anydvd?
Yes you are. lol

This is why I haven't jumped to Blu Ray with my HTPC; I use my PS3 for that for hassle free playback. I highly suggest you get AnyDVD going forward for hassle free playback.
 
Yes you are. lol
. I highly suggest you get AnyDVD going forward for hassle free playback.

Yeah enjoying the shareware. Skipping unskippable warnings/trailers/menus is another perk.
How many yrs of support to buy? Will optical ever finally roll over and die?
 
The question is what product is broken.

I'd argue the DRM broke the content.
Perhaps either TMT5 needs patching or Fox has been too aggressive. Stripping the DRM fixes the problem and makes the product more useful to the paying consumer.
 
Back
Top