• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Drives will not connect to USB3 host controller

Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
541
I just got a new Dell Precision T7810 at work. When I plug in USB3.0 external hard drives to the blue SS USB3.0 ports, they connect as USB2. I have tried everything - uninstalling and re-installing the latest USB3.0 controller drivers, using ports in the front and back, unplugging all other USB hardware, with no luck. I am confirming the drives are connecting in USB2 mode with USBTreeView software. I am running Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Just got home and tested on my own system, and it is recognized as USB3.0 Superspeed in USBTreeView.

However, at home, I have an issue with my front USB3 port, where it will randomly drop the connection to the drive for a split second, and kill and ongoing data transfer

I'm starting to hate USB ports! :mad:
 
Are these powered drives or do they depend upon the USB cable for power? If the latter, try plugging them into the socket that's labelled for charging phones.
 
These are drives that use the USB port for power. I'll have to examine them more closely when I get back to the office, thanks for the suggestion.
 
Getting the same results on my work laptop - even plugged into the SS port with the lightning bolt.

Could USB3.0 be disabled in the W7 image IT installs on all computers for some reason?
 
Back
Top