Drives not showing up in Windows on Promise TX2000

Darkstar850

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a Promise Tx2000 raid controller for my file server to run Raid1 for my files. There are 3 HD, one boot drive running Windows 2000. I have 2 120GB maxtor 7200 RPM ATA drives for the Raid. I have each disk set to master, and each one is on its own IDE channel on the raid controller.
I have installed the drivers for the controller, and it shows correctly in device manager. During boot, I have the option to go into the controller's BIOS. Both drives show up in Raid1, and the array shows as functional.
However, the array does not show in Windows. I am pretty sure why it isn't working, but I am not sure how to fix it. According to the TX2000 manual, if there is a * by the array in the controller BIOS, the array is bootable, and will attempt to become the C drive. My array does have the *. I have tried auto creating the array, and manually creating it, and it automatically becomes bootable.

How do I stop the array from attempting to becoming bootable and seize C:? I read the entire manual from promise's site, but the issue was not discussed.
Thanks

well since your in Windows that wouldnt appear to be the issue
have you partitioned and formatted the drives?

start > run > diskmgmt.msc (should appear as a single drive you partition and format)

there should be an option in the cards BIOS to make the array not bootable
but irregradless in the mobos BIOS you set the boot order
and it would need to be set to SCSI to boot to the array before the IDE bus

Ehh, I figured it out, it was something dumb, as I figured.
I originally had thought that 2k could do software raid 1, but I remembered incorrectly, that was only 2k server.
While I was messing with that, I had changed the disks to dynamic drives, which apparently once the drives were connected to the controller, windows didn't like.
Don't know why I didn't look at disk manager earlier, but that was the trick, I changed them back to basic disks and formatted them again, and all is well.
Thanks

Back