Driver's will not install

aFive

2[H]4U
Couple of days ago I began to have some issues. My browser would freeze everytime I would try and play flash videos (nba.com videos, youtube, hulu). That was the case for all browsers, I tried Opera, FF, IE9, Chrome. I figured since I had hardware acceleration enabled that I would go ahead and reinstall my video drivers to see if the problem went away.

Problem is, I can't get the new Catalyst's to install... I tried mobility drivers from ATI's website, tried ones directly from HP. The install manager starts, and it does install everything but the drivers. If I try custom install. then I don't even see the driver package being available for install. Upon completion of the installation it displays a warning and once I view the log, it really doesn't give me any info. Just shows the packages which have been installed, no errors, nothing..

What could the issue be here? I even used Guru3d Driver sweeper, even via safe mode. I am completely stomped. I have Radeon mobility 5870 in an HP Envy 17 notebook.

Thanks!

What could the issue be here? I even used Guru3d Driver sweeper, even via safe mode.

Possibly the worst thing to do, but anyway :). Check in Device Manager and make sure you can see a VGA display adapter under Display. If you can't, check for legacy devices. The drivers won't install unless it detects a video card.

Possibly the worst thing to do, but anyway :). Check in Device Manager and make sure you can see a VGA display adapter under Display. If you can't, check for legacy devices. The drivers won't install unless it detects a video card.

I see standard vga graphics adapter there.

Back