• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Drivers...name brand or generic?

Disco_Stu_04

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 18, 2003
Messages
426
The last time I built a rig it was during the era where you needed powerstrip to get your money's worth. But now I can see that's changed some.

The question though--I have an XFX HD 6870, should I use XFX's driver or should I just use the generic Radeon installer?
 
I'm pretty sure they're the same thing.

The only time I can think of that it would matter is if you're using a utility from the manufacturer that requires their driver.
 
Last edited:
They are the same, usually the ones on the makers site are older versions.
 
Back
Top