Drivers for the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

debrain

Weaksauce
Im currently trying to get my network card to work in Windows XP, but noticed I dont have the drivers installed for the Internet Protocol.

I tried finding the drivers on the Windows XP cd but wasnt succesfull. Google didnt lead to anything either. Is there a place I could download the drivers so I can download the drivers and get ICS to work?

Thanks

What card is it that you need a driver for?

VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter

Ive downloaded and installed a new driver for the card, but still cant use the properities of the Tcp/Ip. Says I need to install and enable a network card.

Does the card show up as working in the device manager?

Yeah, When I plug an enthernet cable into it it still says unplugged. I put in another network adapter in my computer and the computer recognizes the card but still says unplugged when i plug an ethernet cable into it.

When I use the ethernet adapter I put in the computer it comes up saying that it has limited or no connectivity. The onboard ethernet port doesnt say anything.

Make sure you have the onboard card enabled in the BIOS. It also sounds like a driver is missing or corrupt from the actual network card. If this was Windows 95/98, then it would be a process to add or remove TCP/IP, but that shouldn't be the case with XP. Limited or no connectivity on a wired network usually means there is a configuration error with the addressing or something like that, not that TCP/IP is missing.

On a side note, ICS is junk. Never let software do hardware's job. Once you get this working, a cheap router would work much better.

ICS is pretty useless, just buy a cheap router and you will be happy. I have seen wired routers for as low as $15 at bestbuy, and even cheaper online.

Back