• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Driver Sweeper causes issue with Win7 SP1

I've never found Driver Sweeper / Cleaner to be necessary in Windows 7 or even Windows Vista. I haven't used it in a long time and have never had any problems with simply uninstalling the drivers and installing the new ones. This has worked for me even when switching between ATI and NVIDIA drivers.
 
It has borked my system before. I removed ATI drivers and it also removed the windows detection driver as well. As soon as windows would boot, all I got was a black screen. I was due for a reformat anyway so it wasn't that big of a deal.
 
I've never found Driver Sweeper / Cleaner to be necessary in Windows 7 or even Windows Vista. I haven't used it in a long time and have never had any problems with simply uninstalling the drivers and installing the new ones. This has worked for me even when switching between ATI and NVIDIA drivers.

Precisely. Unfortunately it seems to becoming increasingly common for people to be using this even when simply upgrading drivers from the same vendor and it's simply not necessary. If by some miracle it fixes an issue you had, it's most likely because your initial install was completely borked anyway.
 
I have never once had an issue with Driver Sweeper cleaning Nvidia or ATI drivers (Lots of diff cards) It has always worked to perfection for me. I have found that the cause of it is usually the interface betweeen the keyboard and the chair.
 
I had a similar issue recently were the new AMD drivers. Installed the AMD drivers over the ATI drivers and it would not install the Display and Audio drivers so i removed everything ran Driver Sweeper and was stuck in a loop of installing and uninstalling both drivers.
Finially i got tired of it uninstalled all display drivers ran Driver Sweeper and went into the registry and deleted any key that was ATI related (atii). Installed the newest AMD drivers and the audio failed. Took a quick look through my Device manager and saw that the audio drivers had "ATI" labled on them so i unstalled both drivers and reintalled the AMD drivers again and everything was good.

In short ATI/AMD's uninstall sucks and Driver Sweeper missed stuff and it all causes a big problem. I'll be switching to Nvidia next cards i get.
 
Back
Top