driver issues

C

CmDr_RavEn

Ok I've only been told this problem over the phone, so I'll relate it as best I can.....

A friend of mine just formatted, and he was installing monitor drivers. Something stuffed up resulting in him somehow ridding himself of ANY display driver whatsoever.

Now whenever the pc boots and gets to windows, he doesn't have any visuals at all, only a blank screen. The most he can do is shut down the pc using keyboard commands.

Is there any way to somehow install a new driver set just so he can see SOMETHING in order to fix it? Or is the only solution to do another format?

As soon as the BIOS has finished loading, begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. Continue to do so until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers will generate a "keyboard error" message. Please restart, and then try again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, scroll to and select the Safe mode menu item, and then press Enter.

Then you should have a screen to work with and load drivers

Back