• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Driver Install: the INF file was not found!! error

ral1239

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
107
I uninstalled my older drivers to install the 8.10 drivers. During the installation it says "Driver Install: the INF file was not found". I did a search on google and found many people had the same issue but i havent found a solution other than reinstalling the OS which I refuse to do! Im able to reinstall the 8.9 drivers fine.Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Btw I have a 4870 on vista32bit and yes It was the 32bit vista driver I downloaded.
 
Same error here, but I'm trying to update my 4850 on Vista x64.

If you let the installer finish, it will successfully install the Catalyst Control Center but not the display driver. What I did was manually install the display driver in Device Manager. It doesn't specifically say "4850" like it used to, but it says "4800 series," however all seems well.

So, try a manual install of the display adapter and see how that goes :)
 
try uninstalling, boot to safe mode and delete all the ATI folders (c: drive + appdata folders local / roaming) + the folder in your progam files directory. (I also ran drivercleaner + sweeper) I had this issue and it's frustrating. I think the key was the folder in the program files x86 directory for me.

good luck
 
Back
Top