• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

driver help... 4250 turned into 4200 :(

noobtech

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
2,663
I did a clean install of everything on my laptop... It came with onboard 4250 graphics... but now, I can't get it to install correctly? When I installed windows 7 it automatcially installed it and its old 4200 drivers... I downloaded and uninistalled the catalyst drivers, but it's still showing 4200. I'm soooo frustrated. Any suggestions? I souldn't have to do those old driver cleaner tricks.
 
Nobody have any idea?... If there isn't any real difference between a 4200 and 4250, then oh well... I just don't think my drivers are running correctly.
 
There isn't any difference as far as I'm aware. They both have 40SPs. The 4200 is basically a rename of the 3200.
 
There isn't any difference as far as I'm aware. They both have 40SPs. The 4200 is basically a rename of the 3200.

Well when I did a clean install of Windows 7... it Installed a driver automatically thats 2009. I keep trying to install a 2010 driver, but when I go into the info... it still shows 2009. *shrug*
 
I think the only difference was clock speed of the gpu. It's the same thing with the 790gx and 780g. The 790 was advertised as a 3300, but showed as a 3200 in windows with a higher clock speed.
 
Back
Top