• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

"Driver has stopped responding and recovered"

desmopilot

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
127
Instead of making a grammatical mess of a post, I'll post what happened with bullet points:

- Went to play a youtube video under Chrome, as soon as the youtube page loaded my screen went black while audio played fine (with power still being given to the monitor).
- When an image came back on the screen, in the lower right corner an error appeared (error being the topic title).
- My screen cycled between the black screen and the frozen screen with the error pop up in the lower right corner.
- Eventually my system restarted itself, thinking nothing of it I choose to boot-up normally and not into safe mode
- Upon booting up into windows the same error repeats itself.

Here's what I've done to try and fix this:

- Uninstalled drivers (258.96) and used driver sweeper afterwards, than installed 260.99, same result upon bootup.

Here's an error report I got upon booting into safemode:

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8005B86010
BCP2: FFFFF88004947D0C
BCP3: 000000000000000
BCP4: 00000000000000D
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111410-28828-01.dmp
C:\Users\**censored for this post**\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-36441-0.sysdata.xml

System is my gaming rig (specs in sig) with no OCs at all. Anyone have any idea's?
 
Sounds like a bad card to me. When things like this happen it is almost always bad system memory, too high of an OC, bad psu or bad video card assuming you don't have a corrupt driver installation. I would start testing your other components one by one to narrow it down.
 
Sounds like a bad card to me. When things like this happen it is almost always bad system memory, too high of an OC, bad psu or bad video card assuming you don't have a corrupt driver installation. I would start testing your other components one by one to narrow it down.

Definitely a possibility. Games have always played fine though, only web browser movies (youtube, break.com etc etc) give me this weird error from blue moon to blue moon. After shutting down the machine and starting it up again (instead of just using the in windows restart) I've been able to go about my business fine. Windows starts up no problem. For curiosity sake I put the youtube video I originally attempted to load on repeat to see if I could re-create the error, nothing.

One weird that I've noticed is that when Windows boots up to the repeating error, there's a window from Flash saying to go to adobe's site to upgrade etc. When windows starts up fine that update window never comes up.
 
Back
Top