• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Drive imaging

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
1,844
I have a HDD thats parititioned into 2 parts and I would like to have an exact copy of that HDD. Im wondering what tools allows me to do this? Thanks!
 
  • Acronis True Image will do it.
  • think that GParted (liveCD) can also do this.
  • Partition Magic may also be able to do that.
  • You could use something like Linux' "dd" command to copy the drive on a "low-level".
  • I think that if one of the drives is a WD drive, you can use WD Drive Diagnostic tools.
 
Actually both are WD drives lol. Anyway thanks alot. Quick question though do I have to partition the target drive first or will the program just copy the entire drive partition and all?
 
Back
Top