• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Drive cloning

Doubl3KiLL

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Messages
2,759
Simple question, Im not versed in storage as well as other things:

If I clone a drive sector by sector will it literally be a perfect copy? Case in point I want to switch from my current SSD to a new SSD, Id rather not re-install and redo everything.

If I do a sector by sector will it be like nothing ever happened? Still work with everything like nothing changed? etc.

Thanks
 
it has to be sector-by-sector?

my impression was that cloning OS disk does not need to be sector-by-sector?
 
Back
Top